Company comes over. Company is served delicious food and drink. Company accidentally spills delicious food and drink on sofa and floors? Oh no! What to do?
Here are some great tips on how to address those holiday ‘oops’
Stain Removal Tips (from http://www.chemdry.com/products-tips/spot-removal-tips)
1. Act Quickly – The longer the stain is allowed to remain, the more chance it has to set.
2. Know what kind of stain you are working on as well as the type of fabric or surface it is on so you can
choose the best product.
3. Remove as much excess stain as you can by blotting, scraping or brushing whatever will come off.
DO NOT rub it in.
Here are some additional web sites with more information about how to address just about any type of stain removal. A clean freak resource heaven!
A lot of the country is having winter cold and wet weather. The type of weather that makes you feel like staying home. Staying home curled up under a cozy throw with a fire going and a cup of cocoa in hand. Even for those of us who live in geographies with winter temperatures in the balmy 70’s we still have a chill in the air in early morning and night-time hours.
If you haven’t already, it is time to create a cozy get away in your home so you can enjoy staying inside more. Here are the basic elements you will need to create your personal ‘nest’:
- At least one amazing cozy comfy throw for the family room. The options are almost endless. Here are a few of our favorites, all on special sale now at Restoration Hardware
Function and decor beauty all in one!
- A stock of herbal teas and hot cocoas. Cost Plus World Market offers some great options.
- A well insulated mug to drink the beverages from
- Coasters so you can put the mug down on the nearest table without worry of damages.
- Scented candles (we enjoy Red Current by Votivo most!)
- Get all your lighting on dimmer switches to create what ever mood you want.
- If you have a fireplace, make sure to use it.
- A good supply of books and or DVD movies. Perhaps you will get a Nook or a Kindle e-book reader as a gift this Christmas. You can download your books and magazines without needing to brave the cold!
My company that came from the Midwest for Thanksgiving just left. I sat back and reflected on our time together. I asked myself the questions:
“Was I a good hostess for my guests?”
“Did they have a comfortable room to sleep in? ”
“Did they have a fun and relaxing time while they were here?”
And finally, “What could I have done differently to make their experience in my house even better?
I saw this picture in the House Beautiful on-line magazine and thought, if I were a guest in someone’s house over night and got presented with this at breakfast time, I would NEVER want to leave.
Here are some good ways to make sure your guests will have fond memories of their time in your home: [Read more…]
Yes, it is now behind us but the memories and the leftovers remain. My mother always wants to take a picture of the table before the meal. I never understood why, and admittedly gave her some grief about it over the years.
Well, ” Mirror Mirror on the wall, I have become my mother after all!”
Here is a picture of the Lasky household Thanksgiving table before the meal. My mother who was not with us in AZ this Thanksgiving holiday, would be proud.