Below is a guest post on the subject of design ideas for a modern kitchen. In this case the word modern is perhaps a misnomer. I would characterize the ideas as creative. In today’s world we are spending more time in the kitchen area of our homes with family and friends so it is definitely a room in which you want to maximize function, and optimize the look and feel.
S Interior Design has added comments to the post below (shown in italic font).
Gone are the days where one’s kitchen used to be hidden in the deep interiors of a house and used only for cooking purposes. Today’s modern kitchen is most of the times an extension of the living room and one needs to beautify it with various colors, materials and themes. Open concept floor plans are in high demand. When you enhance the look of your kitchen, you are no longer tempted to opt for takeaways or eat out; instead you want to spend more time in your eating space and enjoy the interior space that you have helped in creating. The following ideas will help you to decorate your kitchen and make an extremely good impression on the guests that you invite over for lunch/dinner.
● Simple and Inviting: You do not require a large kitchen to make it look inviting. Also, you can have a simple kitchen but still make it look appealing and inviting if you make it a point to clean your eating space everyday. No one likes a dirty kitchen; it is not only uninviting but makes one depressed at the mere thought of cooking in such a place. Make sure that your kitchen is not cluttered. Everything is neat and in it’s place. If you can then use incandescent or halogen lights.
We recommend LED lighting wherever possible ! Also, in a kitchen we always install layers of light; overall, task and accent.
● Colors: You do not always have to play safe and stick with neutral colors like white. Play with colors and experiment . An ethereal green or gutsy blue gives it a dash of color and gives a friendly and inviting vibe. In case you have an open kitchen and you want to make it look dramatic, why not go for black? You can get your cabinetry painted in black so that you can show off your stainless steel appliances and the glass pendants. For people who enjoy bright color, you can choose a bright color and use it on both your ceiling and the insides of the cabinets.
● Stained Glass Appeal: If you want your kitchen to look sophisticated, then you can add a dash of class in it with stained glass kitchen windows. These kind of glass windows allow you maximum privacy but at the same time you are able to use the bright natural sunlight to your advantage. If you are worried about the costs, then it will be a huge relief for you to know that installing these kind of glasses is pretty easy and that too quick. Also, you do not need to get rid of your existing windows to replace them with these ones. Another major advantage is that they are pretty low maintenance but also durable at the same time.
If the architecture of the room supports it, we love adding clearstory windows in kitchens.
● Breakfast Nook: A small breakfast space in the kitchen can be made to look visually appealing in plenty of ways. If you are someone who is into games, then why not get a checkered floor and black chalkboards as seats and surprise your friends and family with your creativeness! A beautiful rug and a vase full of your favorite flowers can also do the trick. You can also use a long and slender mirror in your breakfast nook where you can look at yourself while you dine. A classic chandelier perfectly complements such a setting.Those of you who love coffee, they can enjoy their morning here by sipping coffee made from KRUPS KM 700552, one of the 5 best selling coffee makers with grinder.
Window treatments such as a tailored decorative valance is a great way to add color and pattern to what may be a neutral space.
Kitchen Design by S Interior Design
● Spacious Kitchens: If you are one of those lucky ones who are the owners of big, spacious kitchen then you can experiment with a lot of things. Suppose your partner is a fan of minimalist design and you like things dramatic. Then you can both have your say by giving a minimalist touch to one part of the kitchen and adding bold and dark colors to the other part. If you are the owner of smaller kitchen, you can give it the illusion of space by keeping the color low contrast.
Kitchen Design by S Interior Design