Below is a guest post on the subject of sliding glass doors for homes. As an interior designer in Arizona, I place and re-place quite a few doors like this since one of the goals for those of us who live here is almost always to enable indoor / outdoor living environments both visually and physically.
That said, we live in a world where security is of concern so the glass doors need to have reliable locking mechanisms. No reason to compromise between beauty and security. So if you are in the market for new glass sliding doors, don’t forget the security component.
The author of this guest post from Australia is promoting secure sliding glass doors.
Top 6 Reasons for Getting Sliding Security Glass Doors for Homes
The popularity of sliding security doors is being realized by both homeowners and businesses. Sliding glass doors are mostly used by people as entrance to the garden or patio. Security doors prevent burglaries and protect homes from intruders. Besides security reasons and aesthetics, they are installed for greater visibility and air flow. When it comes to locking system, there are various options available. You can choose central lock system or side lock system. You can buy different varieties of sliding security doors from different online shops, but you must also buy a material that can be cleaned and maintained very easily.
6 main reasons for installing glass sliding security doors!
- When compared to the traditional doors, sliding security glass doors offer an added security since they are swung open with the hinge. Sliding security doors are secured with the latch, making it difficult for intruders to meddle.
- If you install sliding doors, you will enjoy more space inside the building premises and house. It increases the space available as it narrows down the obstruction both indoors and outdoors.
- When it comes to sliding doors, there are various options available in the market. More and more manufacturers have embarked on the production of glass sliding doors in different styles and patterns. These doors are the ideal options to choose when you consider doing your office renovation, or of you want the perfect office fit-out at a reasonable price.
- Sliding doors are much easier to clean and maintain. Do-it-yourself cleaning solutions are available to remedy the glass if anything happens to it. Glass cleaning solutions can be availed at budget friendly rates.
- The sliding security doors comprise glass material can give the room an instant facelift. The door offers a chic and modern look to the interior. The once drab room can become elegant and beautiful in no time.
- With glass doors, you can have a better look of your landscape area or patio. The home will also enjoy natural lighting. One can also use curtains and drapes to dim the light.
Get rid of the traditional doors!
Those who crave to get rid of old-fashioned and traditional look of their home; they can install glass sliding doors. Find the best sliding security doors to match up your needs. Check the internet or pay visit to a hardware store to see the variety of gates sold. It can add it to the curb appeal of the home while making it modern.
Traditional glass security doors and modern security doors!
Modern glass security doors have a huge advantage over the traditional ones. The major change in the glass panels is the reason for installing modern doors. When traditional doors used only a single panel, the modern security door has multiple panels of glazed glass. These doors are also the best for your garden area, as you can regulate the entry and exit into your garden, with these security sliding doors.
Enjoying the outdoor view!
You may be having a beautiful landscape area and willing to enjoy the outdoors from inside your home. If you want to see the outdoors from the interior, while not compromising on the safety of the family, then you should choose sliding security doors made up of glass to enjoy a clear view. Make sure nothing is visible from the outside.
At the big box hardware store, you can find hundreds of choices with respect to sliding security doors. Have a look at the frame of the door since that needs to be factory constructed in different styles. Choose an appropriate one for your needs.